This IDL facility writes out a HEALPix map into a FITS file according to
the HEALPix convention
Location in HEALPix directory tree: src/idl/fits/write_fits_map.pro
- name of a FITS file in which the map is to be written
- variable containing the HEALPix map
string variable containing on input the information to be added
to the extension header. (If already present, FITS reserved
keywords will be automatically updated).
if set to either 'C', 'E' or 'G', specifies that the
Healpix coordinate system is respectively Celestial=equatorial,
Ecliptic or Galactic.
(The relevant keyword is then added/updated in the extension
header, but the map is NOT rotated)
- (optional output),
will take value 1 if file can not be written
if set to either 'ring' or 'nested' (case un-sensitive),
specifies that the map is respectively in RING or NESTED
see also:Nested and Ring
string describing the physical units of the data set
- if set, an extensive help is displayed and no
file is written
- if set, specifies that the map is in the NESTED ordering
see also:Ordering and Ring
- if set, specifies that the map is in the RING ordering
see also:Ordering and Nested
write_fits_map writes out the full sky HEALPix map T_sky into the FITS file
File. Extra information about the map can be given in Header according to the FITS header conventions. Coordinate systems
can also be specified by Coordsys. Specifying the
ordering scheme is compulsary and can be done either in Header
or by setting Ordering or Nested or Ring to the
correct value. If Ordering or Nested or Ring is set,
its value overrides what is given in Header.
This section lists the routines related to write_fits_map
- version 6.4 or more is necessary to run write_fits_map
- This HEALPix IDL facility can be used to read in maps
written by write_fits_map.
- This IDL routine (included in HEALPix package) can be used to update
or add FITS keywords to Header
- This HEALPix IDL routine can be used to reorder a map from
NESTED scheme to RING scheme and vice-versa.
- HEALPix IDL routines to write cut-sky maps, full-sky maps, polarized full-sky maps and
arbitrary data sets into FITS files
- routine to write multi-column binary FITS table
write_fits_sb writes out the RING ordered map map in Galactic
coordinates into the file file.fits.
Version 3.31, 2017-01-06