This IDL facility provides an interface to F90 'process_mask' facility. For a
given input binary mask, it can determine the angular distance in Radians of each valid (1 valued)
pixel to the closest invalid (0 valued) pixel, with the option of ignoring small
clusters of invalid pixels. The distance map can then be used to generate an
Location in HEALPix directory tree: src/idl/interfaces/iprocess_mask.pro
- required input: input binary
mask. It can be a FITS file, or a memory array containing the mask to process.
output: double precision angular distance map in Radians. It can be a FITS file, or a
memory array. It will have the same ordering as the input mask.
- full path to back-end routine default:$HEXE/process_mask, then $HEALPIX/bin/process_mask
- a binpath starting with / (or ), or $ is interpreted as absolute
- a binpath starting with ./ is interpreted as relative to current directory
- all other binpathes are relative to $HEALPIX
- optional output
mask with holes smaller than
hole_pixels filled in.
Will have the same ordering as the input mask
- if set, prints extended help
- Minimal size
(in arcmin2) of invalid regions to be kept
(can be used together with hole_pixels,
the result will be the largest of the two). default:0.0
- Minimal size (in pixels) of invalid regions to be kept
(can be used together with hole_arcmin2,
the result will be the largest of the two). default:0
- if set,
temporary files are not discarded at the end of the run
- if set, signals that the mask read online is in
NESTED scheme (does not apply to FITS file), see also
- either 'RING' or 'NESTED', ordering of online mask,
- if set, works silently
- directory in which are written temporary files
default:IDL_TMPDIR (see IDL documentation)
iprocess_mask is an interface to 'process_mask' F90 facility. It
requires some disk space on which to write the parameter file and the other
temporary files. Most data can be provided/generated as an external FITS
file, or as a memory array.
This section lists the routines related to iprocess_mask
- version 6.4 or more is necessary to run iprocess_mask.
- F90 facility called by iprocess_mask.
- IDL Interface to F90 alteralm
- IDL Interface to F90 anafast and C++ anafast_cxx
- IDL Interface to F90 smoothing
- IDL Interface to F90 synfast
A binary mask in which 100 randomly located pixels are 0-valued
(=invalid) is generated. Then the distance (in Radians) of the valid pixels to
the closest invalid pixels is computed and plotted.
Version 3.31, 2017-01-06