This IDL facility provides a means to
change the normalization of polarization power spectra in a FITS file
from Healpix 1.1 convention to Healpix 1.2 (which is the same as CMBFAST).
Location in HEALPix directory tree: src/idl/fits/convert_oldhpx2cmbfast.pro
- String containing the name of the FITS file with the power
spectra to be read.
- (OPTIONAL) String containing the name of the file to be
written after renormalization. If absent, file_in will be used for output
- if set, the renormalization is not done.
but the keyword POLNORM = CMBFAST is added to the FITS header
(useful if the FITS file is already in CMBFAST format).
convert_oldhpx2cmbfast does the conversion from the polarization normalisation
used in HEALPix 1.1 to the one used in HEALPix 1.2
Healpix primer document).
A keyword POLNORM = CMBFAST is added to the header to keep track of which
files have been renormalized. If this keyword is not present in the input FITS
file, synfast will issue a
warning when simulating a polarization map from that power spectrum, but no
attempt to renormalize the power spectra will be made.
This section lists the routines related to convert_oldhpx2cmbfast
- version 6.4 or more is necessary to run convert_oldhpx2cmbfast.
- provides the a routine to write a
power spectrum to a FITS file.
- provides the complimentary routine to read in a
power spectrum from a FITS file.
- utilises the output file generated by convert_oldhpx2cmbfast.
convert_oldhpx2cmbfast will renormalize the polarization power spectra read
from 'cl_flat.fits', and write them in the same file.
Version 3.31, 2017-01-06