This IDL facility provides a means to
write into a FITS file as an ascii table extension a (beam) window function
W(l) or W(l). Adds additional
headers if required. The facility is primarily intended to allow the
user to write an arbitrary window function into a FITS file in
the correct format to be ingested by the HEALPix simulation facility
Location in HEALPix directory tree: src/idl/fits/bl2fits.pro
- real or double array of Bl coefficients to be written to
file. This has dimension (lmax+1,n) with , given in the sequence T E B.
- String containing the name of the file to be written.
- String array containing the (non-trivial) primary header
for the FITS file.
- If set, a help message is printed out, no file is written
- String array containing the (non-trivial) extension header
for the FITS file.
bl2fits writes the input B(l) or W(l) coefficients into a FITS
file containing an ascii table extension. Optional headers conforming
to the FITS convention can also be written to the output file. All
required FITS header keywords (like SIMPLE, BITPIX, ...) are automatically generated by the
routine and should NOT be duplicated in the optional header inputs
(they would be ignored anyway).
The one/two/three column(s) are automatically named
TEMPERATURE, GRAD, CURL
If the window function is provided in a double precision array, the output format
will automatically feature more decimal places.
This section lists the routines related to bl2fits
- version 6.4 or more is necessary to run bl2fits.
- provides the complimentary routine to read in a
window function or power spectrum from a FITS file.
- utilises the output file generated by bl2fits(option beam_file).
bl2fits writes the beam window function stored in the variable beam
(=Legendre transform of a circular beam)
into the output FITS file beam.fits.
Version 3.31, 2017-01-06