This IDL facility computes a circular beam profile from its transfer (or window) function b(l).
Location in HEALPix directory tree: src/idl/misc/bl2beam.pro
- input b(l) window function of beam (defined for all integer multipoles l starting at 0)
- angles (in arcmin, degrees or radians)
at which the output beam is to be computed.
- if set, is in arcmin
- if set, is in degrees
- if set, prints out the help header and exits
- if set, is in radians
Since an arbitrary beam is related to its SH Transform via
This section lists the routines related to bl2beam
- version 6.4 or more is necessary to run bl2beam.
- facility to perform the inverse
transform to bl2beam.
- facility to write a b(l) window function into a FITS file.
- facility to read a b(l) window
function from a FITS file
the example above generates a beam window function (defined for
all l in
) for a 15arcmin-FWHM gaussian beam, computes the
beam profile for angles in [0,30] arcmin and then plots it.
Version 3.31, 2017-01-06